Here is all the latest information we have on the updated 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500. Chevrolet’s half-ton truck lineup is not changing much, but the truck is getting a new special edition with new MT tires and several other updates. Here is everything we know so far.
2021 Chevy Silverado
As you see in images, the new Realtree Special Edition is coming for 2021. The truck gets a unique look inside and out. It includes new 20-inch wheels that are wrapped in new Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires. The new Territory lineup of tires has recently been introduced on the 2021 Ford Bronco and 2021 Ram TRX. Yes, each tire has unique challenges, requirements, and construction – but the tread design is mostly shared.
Here are some of the other changes and updates we know about.
- More standard and available packages:
- Silverado Custom and Custom Trail Boss now come standard with Custom Convenience Package and Infotainment Package: which include EZ Lift power lock and release tailgate, bed LED cargo area lighting, remote start, SiriusXM radio, OnStar and more.
- Silverado Work Truck, Custom and Custom Trail Boss now offer a Safety Essentials Package that includes Forward Collision Alert, Automatic Emergency Braking, Front Pedestrian Braking, steering wheel audio controls and 4.2-inch driver information center.
- Silverado LT and RST now come standard with All Star Edition, Convenience Package, Trailering Package and Auto-locking rear differential.
- Silverado LTZ now comes standard with LTZ Convenience Package and Safety Package.
- New special editions – All Star Edition Plus, Texas Edition Plus and LTZ Premium Texas Edition – add additional convenience and safety packages onto already popular models.
- Wireless phone projection through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is standard on LTZ and High Country and available on LT, LT Trail Boss and RST.
- Three new exterior colors:
- Mosaic Black Metallic
- Oxford Brown Metallic (Replaces Havana Brown Metallic)
- Cherry Red Tintcoat (replaces Cajun Red Tintcoat)