It’s that time of the year! TFLtruck’s annual 2020 Gold Hitch & Gold Winch award truck selection is coming up this Thursday Apr 16th, 2020. As always, this is a culmination of 12 months of very hard towing and off-road testing. It includes the Ike Gauntlet™ – world’s toughest towing test, and many hard off-road trails in Colorado and Moab, Utah.
This year, there are four categories:
- 2020 Best Mid-size Off-Road truck
- 2020 Best Half-ton Diesel truck
- 2020 Best Heavy Duty Off-Road truck
- 2020 Best Heavy Duty Diesel Towing truck
2020 Best Mid-size Off-Road Truck
Contestants include :
- 2020 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 (Bison)
- 2020 Ford Ranger FX4
- 2020 Honda Ridgeline AWD
- 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
- 2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
- 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
This is a very tough competitive field. Each truck has many strengths, but there can only be one winner. Please let us know in the comments below which truck you think will win the coveted 2020 Gold Winch award.
2020 Best Half-ton Diesel Truck
- 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 3.0L Diesel
- 2018-2020 Ford F-150 3.0L Diesel
- 2020 Ram 1500 3.0L Diesel
We asked and we received. Ford, GM, and Ram are now offering these very fuel efficient 3.0-liter turbo-diesel trucks for sale. Which is the best? Which one take the cake? Let us know your thoughts in the comments. The 2020 Gold Hitch winner will be announced on Apr 16th, 2020.
2020 Best HD Off-Road Truck
- 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor
- 2020 GMC Sierra HD AT4
- 2020 Ram Power Wagon
The Ram Power Wagon was largely unchallenged for HD off-road truck supremacy. Now, it’s joined by the 2020 Sierra AT4 and the new Ford Tremor. Competition is a lot hotter than it’s ever been.
2020 Best HD Diesel Towing Truck
- 2020 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel V8
- 2020 GMC Sierra HD 3500 6.6L Diesel V8
- 2020 Ram HD 3500 6.7L Diesel V8
The HD truck capabilities are higher than ever. All three (Ford, GM, and Ram) 1-ton series trucks can be configured to tow over 35,000 lbs! The big V8 turbo-diesel engines have been updated. New 10-speed automatic transmissions have been introduced. We put all of them to the test on the Ike Gauntlet with 30,000 lbs trailers, our highway towing MPG loop, and 0-60 MPH runs. Only one can be the king of diesel duallies for 2020.
Stay tuned for all this and more this Thursday Apr 16th, 2020.