His 2015 Chevy Silverado Isn’t Perfect
On this episode of “Dude, I love (or Hate) my ride – @HomeEdition” we received a video from a fan who’s 2015 Chevrolet Silverado isn’t making him smile. It comes with the 5.3-liter V8, four-wheel drive and only a few minor modifications. Our friend Carl says that his Silverado is a smooth running truck, he’s disappointed with several details.
The 2015 Chevrolet Silverado has about 64,000 miles on it. he bought it brand-new in May 2015. He spent $51,000 (Canadian) in 2015.
He uses this truck properly. It hauls heavy items, tows a 30-foot travel trailer, deals with difficult terrain and snow along with being his personal snow plow. Yea, it’s not a babied vehicle by any means.
Keep that in mind when you see this rather long list of problems.
- Transfer case had to be reprogrammed
- Front airbag and seat belt pre-tensioner were recalled
- Separate recall for the seat belt anchor point
- Rear window defrost stopped working (they couldn’t fix the burnt connection, so they replaced the whole window).
- The rear U-bolts had to be re-torqued
- Radio stopped working
- Warning buzzers, chimes and indicator sounds went mute
- The Silverado got stuck in four-wheel drive – replaced the transfer case control module
- Major engine “tick” which resulted in new lifters, manifold, gasket and parts
- A second radio issue
- A brake recall
- A rear window recall, which resulted in the service folks removing his rear defrost fuse for four months. After that, they determined that his recently replaced rear glass already dealt with the issue and replaced the fuse.
Important note: these repairs were all done under warranty. His engine issue took two weeks to correct, Carl was provided with a complimentary rental vehicle. Still, this is an inordinate amount of issues for a truck of this vintage.
Enjoy the video and send us one of your truck!