What changes will the 2020 Ram HD trucks see this year? Will the heavy duty trucks receive redesigned cabs that will be shared with the new Ram 1500 trucks? Curtis sent us this this question.
“Do you have any news on what’s going on with the new Ram HDs? I thought the word was that Ram was going to be using the newer 1500 cabs (specifically crew for me) on the new heavy duties? I’ve been holding off buying a new Ram 2500 or 3500 crew hoping to purchase a truly new looking Ram HD because of this. I don’t know whether to wait to buy and see what the 2021 trucks will look like?“
The short answer is – the 2020 Ram HD trucks will use the same (older) cab design as the 2019 models.
Here is a quick list of all of the 2020 Ram Heavy Duty changes for this new model year. We do not have any knowledge about what will happen for the 2021 trucks.
2020 Ram HD changes:
- Ram Heavy Duty Night Edition (Big Horn and Laramie) includes monochromatic design enhanced by black 20-inch wheels, black badging and black interior. Available in a variety of body colors
- Lane Keep Assist and Adaptive Steering now available on all trim levels
- Blind-spot Monitoring, including easy-to-use trailer coverage
- Trailer tire pressure monitoring
- Auxiliary camera system supporting up to two different cameras
- 50-gallon fuel tank optional on Crew Cab with 8-foot bed
- Olive Green and Hydro Blue exterior colors
- Power Wagon black wheels
The 2020 Ram HD trucks have begun production and should be arriving at dealers soon.