The AEV Prospector is BEEFY
As much as I love the Ram 2500 Power Wagon, there is always room for improvement. In my book, the Power Wagon needs wider tires, more armor and a honkin’ beefy diesel engine. Guess what? That’s exactly what this green AEV Prospector has – and a lot more.
What’s the big deal? Why talk about a Ram AEV Prospector that has been there before? This truck is based on the updated 2019 Ram HD platform, as such the nose of the truck is wider than before to accommodate the bigger radiator needed to cool the latest 6.7-liter Cummins I6 turbo diesel. Hence, the front bumper, grille guard, and underbody skid plates needed a redesign.
This truck is NOT a Power Wagon, by the way. Although, it does have the heavy duty axles and AEV’s lockers front and rear, it doesn’t have the disconnecting front sway bar. It’s also a diesel, not a gas V8 HEMI. According to the company, you can build this truck with the gas V8 as well.
The color they chose, along with the high quality components added on make the Ram almost look military. They definitely want it to be functional. Fortunately, they have a beefy platform to work with.
The Green Beast
Starting with the 2500 platform, AEV adds a 3-inch DualSport SC Suspension unique wheels and BFGoodrich 37″ K02 All-Terrain Tires. Fender flares and heat-reduction hood are part of the upgrades. AEV adds armor throughout, fender flares, a beefy bumper and a ton of additional components to the bed as well.
The Prospector starts with a new Ram 2500 and adds:
- AEV Premium Front Bumper
- The AEV Heat Reduction Hood
- AEV Hood Decal
- Fog Lights
- AEV DualSport Suspension – SC
- AEV Katla or Salta HD Wheel
- BFGoodrich 37″ K02 All-Terrain Tires
- AEV Windshield Banner
- The AEV Prospector Badging
- AEV Cluster Badging
- Black Fender Flares
- AEV Logo Headrests
- The AEV Build Plaque
- AEV Warranty
The build starts at $12,900, and it goes up from there. We listed the pricing directly from AEV below:
- ADD Katla Wheel 17×8.5 Black $0.00
- ADD Salta HD Wheel 17×8.5 Black $0.00
- ADD Salta HD Wheel 17×8.5 Onyx $0.00
- ADD Salta HD Wheel 17×8.5 Silver $0.00
FRONT BUMPER OPTIONS
- ADD Warn 16.5ti Winch $1,710.00
- ADD Vision X Light Bar $1,875.00
- ADD Vision X Halogen $670.00
- ADD Vision X LED Light Cannon $1,175.00
- ADD Raised Air Intake with Ram Air (Gas) $1,040.00
- ADD Raised Air Intake with Pre-Filter (Gas) $1,150.00
- ADD Raised Air Intake with Ram Air (Diesel) $790.00
- ADD Raised Air Intake with Pre-Filter (Diesel) $900.00
- ADD Rear Vision System – Mirror Display $899.00
- ADD Rear Vision System – Radio Display $799.00
- ADD AEV Standard Leather $1,800.00
- ADD AEV F1 Leather $3,500.00
- ADD Mopar Tube Side Steps $540.00
- ADD AMP Side Steps $1,550.00
TIRE & GEAR OPTIONS
- BFG 37” KM2 Mud-Terrain Tires $0.00
- 37” Full-Size Spare w/ AEV Bed Mount System $1,140.00
- AEV Splash Guards Rear $65.00
- AEV Splash Guards Front $65.00
- AEV 4.10 Gear Ratio Upgrade $1,800.00
- AEV Tonneau Cover 6’4” Rambox $775.00
- AEV Tonneau Cover 6’4” $650.00
All in all, we wish we had the time and opportunity to actually drive this beast. Perhaps that’s something that can be done in the future? We’ll see!
What do you think?