Into The Wild Overland Trailers
The newest trailer being designed and built by Colorado builder ‘Into the Wild Overland’ trailers, is the four-occupant XT12 camper trailer. This is their biggest trailer to date and, while it’s not on the market quite yet, it looks like it will be as rugged as its older siblings.
We had a lot of experience with the Overland Boreas XT, including brief attempt at towing it with a Tesla Model X. We put thousands of miles on this little trailer and we can attest to its overbuilt quality and utility. These things are not exactly cheap, but you get what you pay for.
Pricing for the smaller models starts at just under $30,000. We expect this larger trailer to have a much higher base price.
What is it?
The XT12 Camper Trailer is, for the most part, a larger version of the Boreas XT and MXT trailers. It weighs 3,000 lbs and is about 18 feet long. This larger setup will allow a small family to join the adventure. There’s even a queen-sized bed and enough space (when the roof is lifted) for a family to dine inside.
You can check out their other products (here).
Some technical details:
(This is paraphrased from Into The Wild Overland Trailers)
- 20-inches of ground clearance
- Timbren Axle-Less HD independent suspension
- 30″x 9.5″ BF Goodrich All Terrain Ko2 tires
- Pro Comp 15″x8″ steel wheels
- Full sized spare
- Electric Brakes
- Composite fiberglass exterior
- Lock N’ Roll hitch coupler (rotates on all axis)
- Rear stabilizer jacks
- 7 point plug
- Front jack with wheel
- All LED lighting with reverse lights
- Exterior LED porch lights with dimmer
- Custom Aluminum Roof Rack
- New, multi configurable awning
Here are other details:
- 250-amp-hour battery and 220 watts of solar power
- Forced-air furnace
- Wet bath with a shower and a cassette toilet
- Outdoor kitchen with sink, three-burner stove and 75-liter refrigerator
- Sales are expected to start the second quarter of 2020
We are looking forward to seeing this trailer in action. Maybe next time, we’ll take the whole TFL team on an overlanding adventure testing one. Check out our Shell Rotella adventure towing on of its brethren!