According to a recent report, Ford is bringing back its Texas cattle ranch-themed giant SUV in the form of the 2020 Ford Expedition King Ranch edition. Named for an actual (massive) ranch in Texas, Ford has used the King Ranch designation in their trucks since 2005.
We expect it to have the 400 horsepower and 480 pound-feet of torque 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost V6. The same as the top-end Expeditions Platinum. That includes the 10-speed automatic transmission as well.
Although, Ford has not officially confirmed this, an order guide sited by Cars Direct lists the King Ranch base price is $72,895 (that’s before the $1,395 destination charge). Four wheel drive versions will run $77,420. The Expedition Max King Ranch, which is about a foot longer, will start at $76,985 and $80,110 for four-wheel drive.
Here’s what we expect to see in the 2020 Ford Expedition King Ranch edition:
- We expect a unique paint theme along with accents colored in Stone Gray which will cover the mirror caps, bumpers and roof rails along with other components.
- A panoramic sunroof will be standard.
- Powered running boards will be standard and may be painted.
- Unique 22-inch aluminum wheels will be part of the package.
- Seats, steering wheel, interior door panels and the center armrest are covered in Del Rio leather. Much of the leather appointed areas will also have the King Ranch brand.
Stay tuned for more news about this vehicle! Check out the 2019 Ford Expedition Texas edition!