According to a leaked order guide document the 2020 Ford F-150 will continue without any drastic changes. It’s not all the same. There are new colors, technology updates, and new appearance packages.
TFLtruck received a copy of a 2020 Ford F-150 order guide from an anonymous source. All of the information you see here is only in reference to this document. This is not an official statement from Ford.
2020 Ford F-150
The 2020 Ford half-ton truck will continue to be available in the following seven grades: XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, Limited, and Raptor.
The trucks will still offer six engine options:
- 3.3L V6
- 2.7L twin-turbo V6 (EcoBoost)
- 5.0L V8
- 3.5L twin-turbo V6 (EcoBoost)
- 3.0L turbo-diesel V6 (Power Stroke)
- 3.5L high-output twin-turbo V6 (EcoBoost)
Available transmission options remain unchanged. The base 3.3L V6 is still available with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The other engine options are backed up by a 10-speed automatic.
A few interesting things to note.
- The 5.0-liter Coyote V8 is still in the mix, which is great news for those who were concerned about eight-cylinder going away.
- There is no mention of an F-150 gas/electric hybrid that many people expected Ford to add to the lineup in the 2020 trucks. Ford may still bring an F-150 Hybrid at a later date.
- There is also no mention of a 7.3-liter gas V8 in the F-150, or a supercharged V8 Ford Raptor.
The order guides lists three new exterior colors: Iconic Silver, Rapid Red Metallic / Tinted Clearcoat, and Star White Metallic Tricoat.
The 2020 F-150 trucks will have several additional appearance packages:
- STX Sport Appearance Special Edition
- XLT Black Appearance Package
- Lariat Black Appearance Package
Payload & Towing
The order guide does not list any updated payload or towing ratings. Naturally, the maximum towing and heavy duty payload packages are still available.
There is no information listed about the engine power output, fuel economy, or pricing.
We will keep you updated to any new information we get about the upcoming 2020 Ford F-150 and other new pickup trucks.
Here is our buyer’s guide for the latest Ford F-150 engine options.