You can now configure a GMC Sierra Heavy Duty (HD) AT4 or Denali on line. Other GMC HD models are not yet available such as the SLE and SLT. We have the most and least expensive versions of each vehicle, based on our experience with the configurator.
Recently, Chevrolet debuted their HD configurator. You can read about that (here).
The GMC Sierra HD AT4 trucks are GMC’s most capable off-road trucks. They come standard with extra 4X4 bits and a unique design externally and internally. We have lots of experience with the GMC 1500 AT4 which you can read about (here).
Here’s the 2020 GMC Sierra HD 2500 and 3500 AT4 key Features:
- Off-road suspension with Rancho shocks, skid plates and all-terrain tires
- Available multicolor 15″ diagonal Head-Up Display with inclinometer
- Available 15 camera views
- Black chrome exterior accents and durable, athletic interior
- Heavy-duty offering Allison 10-Speed Automatic Transmission with available 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel V8
- Six-Function MultiPro Tailgate
2500 AT4 Highlights:
- Maximum conventional trailering capacity of up to 18,500 lbs†
- Maximum fifth-wheel/gooseneck rating of up to 18,500 lbs†
- Maximum payload of up to 3,862 lbs†
3500 AT4 Highlights:
- Maximum conventional trailering capacity of up to 20,000 lbs
- Maximum fifth-wheel/gooseneck rating of up to 21,300 lbs
- Maximum payload of up to 4,398 lbs (Long Box model late availability
Maximum price I reached for the GMC Sierra HD AT4 was $81,790 and that price covered adding every major option. That included items like the $9,890 6.6L Duramax Turbo-Diesel, $2,715 AT4 Premium Package,
$2,125 Technology Package and Red Quartz Tintcoat for $595.
Obviously, the 2020 GMC 3500 HD Crew Cab, Long Bed AT4 is the most expensive HD AT4; however, not by a huge margin. A similarly equipped 2020 GMC 2500 HD Crew Cab, Long Bed AT4 was nearly the same price.
A base model 2020 GMC 2500 HD Crew Cab, short bed AT4 is $59,295.
I priced out a well-equipped 2020 GMC 2500 HD Crew Cab, short bed AT4 at $65,890. That model had the Premium and Technology package, along with the $965 Off-Road black assist steps and the Dark Sky Metallic paint for $495.
The GMC Sierra HD Denalis are a different animal altogether.
Here’s the 2020 GMC Sierra HD 2500 and 3500 Denali
SIERRA 2500 DENALI HEAVY DUTY – Starting At: $63,700
As Shown: $76,513
- Tow up to 18,500 lbs.†
- Max payload of 3,862 lbs.†
SIERRA 3500 DENALI HEAVY DUTY – Starting At: $64,900
As Shown: $78,915
- Tow up to 31,100 lbs.
- Max payload of 6,610
The most expensive truck currently available to be configured is a $84,010 4WD Crew Cab, Long Bed, single rear wheel GMC Denali. That prices includes every package along with the White Frost Tricoat $1,095. That includes the Denali Ultimate Package for $2,370
Highlights for the Denali Ultimate Package Include:
- HD Surround Vision
- Rear Camera Mirror
- Bed View Camera
- Head-Up Display
- Power sunroof
Base price for the 2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 is $66,495. That price is for the 4WD Crew Cab, standard bed, single rear wheel Denali.
The least expensive 2020 GMC 2500 Denali is $65,295. That’s for a 4WD Crew Cab, Standard Bed Denali. There is no 2WD option. Interestingly, the long bed option is only an additional $200.
There’s more, a lot more waiting for you at GMC.com.
Speaking of more – check out our long distance drive in the 2020 GMC Sierra HD!