There is no all-new 2020 Chevrolet Colorado coming our way, but we will see some comprehensive updates. Unfortunately, the areas the Colorado need to improve (mainly interior) are barely covered. The 2020 Chevrolet Colorado will still be built in General Motors’ Wentzville, MO for our market.
New and updated challengers are coming (or have come) from Jeep, Nissan, Ram, Ford and Volkswagen. The Toyota Tacoma is still selling like gangbusters, but GM is solidifying its second-place midsize truck ranking. Thanks to the ZR2 and Bison, the popularity of the Chevrolet Colorado is on the rise.
We recently saw a new Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Bison concept at the 2019 Overland Expo. There were a ton of ZR2s there – along with other amazing overlanding vehicles. You can read about them (here).
Here are the reported changes. We would like to thank GM Authority for the lead to this story.
Deleted from the Lineup:
- The Chevrolet Colorado 2WD Z71 Crew Cab Long Box and the 2WD Z71 Extended Cab will no longer be offered.
- The Jet-black with Dark Ash leather interior option is gone.
- Chevrolet cancelled the Redline Luxury Special Edition Package and the RST Luxury Special Edition Package.
- The Safety Package is now available on the Z71. This package includes Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning.
- The Chrome Luxury Package is now known as the Luxury Package. The Redline and RST Special Edition packages are combinable with the Luxury Package.
- Offered only on the crew cab, the Chrome Luxury Package is now called the Luxury Package.
- Every Colorado gets the Tire Fill Alert system
- The LT models now come standard with the EZ-lift tailgate
- Remote locking tailgate is now available as an option on the Work Truck trim.
- The Jet Black leather interior can only be added to the LT if you get the Luxury Package.
- The Chevrolet Infotainment Plus system with Navigation replaces the Chevrolet Infotainment Premium system with Navigation.
Check out Andre’s latest video – Bison vs Tacoma TRD Pro!