We showed you the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon on a muddy and rocky trail and a Sport S model with a maximum towing package. Now, it’s time for the most affordable (base) Gladiator Sport. Here is what you get when you pay the $35,040 base M.S.R.P.
The red truck you see here is a base Gladiator Sport. It is still a 3.6-liter V6-powered crew cab 4×4 truck with a 5-foot bed, but it comes with 17-inch steel wheels, a 6-speed manual transmission, and hand-crank windows. Take a look below at everything else you get.
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Under the hood is a 3.6L V6 with a rating of 285 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque. In the case of the Sport model, the 6-speed manual transmission is standard.
By the way, the 6-speed is the same “D478” transmission that is available on the Jeep Wrangler JL. The 4th gear is direct drive with 5th and 6th being overdrives.
- Dana44 3rd generation axles, rear axle ratio: 3.73
- Suspension uses regular mono-tube shocks
- Command-Trac NV241 part-time transfer case with 2.72:1 low range
- Class-II bumper hitch, 4pin/7pin trailer wiring, and Trailer Sway Control system
- Steel bed includes a damped tailgate and cargo lights
- Removable doors include manual locks and manual roll-up windows
- Mirrors are manually folding with manual glass adjustment
- Sunrider folding soft top (folding)
- Body-color grille and black fenders
- Halogen headlights and fog lights
- Fuel tank & transfer case skid plates
- Bridgestone Dueler H/T tires
Jeep just added pricing to the 2020 Gladiator online configurator. You can now see the pricing for the optional packages and additional equipment.
The Gladiator Rubicon start at $45,040, but you can also add $18,870 in optional equipment for a total $63,910.
Here are some of the standard features on the inside.
- Cloth seats with manual adjustment
- Manual tilt/telescoping steering wheel column
- Basic cruise control
- Push button start
- Auto engine start/stop and disable button
- Single zone A/C
- LED interior lighting (overhead, door bezel, footwell, cupholders)
- Front/rear floor mats
- Rear under-seat storage and lockable behind seat storage
- Uconnect3 5-inch infotainment screen with 8-speaker stereo
- One USB, aux port, and 12-volt power outlet (additional USB in center console)
The following safety features are standard.
- Advanced & supplemental front airbags
- Occupant detection system
- Front seat belt alert
- Rear child-seat anchors
- Backup camera with gridlines
- ABS, ESP, Electronic Roll Mitigation, and Hill Start Assist