Ram announces pricing for the new 2019 Ram heavy duty trucks. The starting price for the new 2500 HD Tradesman is $33,395 (not including $1,695 destination charges). This represents a $350 increase over the outgoing 2018 Ram 2500 HD.
Ram has also announced the prices for the 2019 HD Chassis Cab trucks. The commercially-focused 3500, 4500, and 5500 trucks start at $34,750. This is $405 increase over the previous year.
2019 Ram Heavy Duty
What’s changed for 2019?
In brief, Ram updated the frame to make it more rigid and lighter.
- The cab and the bed remain the same, but the 2019 trucks get all new interiors that mimic the trim levels and design of the new 2019 Ram 1500 half-ton trucks.
- The 5.7L HEMI V8 is no longer available for the HD trucks.
- The 6.4L HEMI V8 has the same power rating, but it is now mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
- The 6.7L Cummins I6 is redesigned to make the engine lighter and also produce more power. The maximum power output is now 400 hp and 1,000 lb-ft of torque.
- There is no longer a manual transmission option.
- Ram raised heavy duty truck maximum towing rating to 35,100 lbs, and maximum payload to 7,680 lbs.
- (There are many other updates not listed here.)
The new High Output Cummins turbo-diesel and the updated 6-speed Aisin automatic transmission are priced at $11,795. The standard output diesel (370 hp and 850 lb-ft) prices at $9,100.
Here are the starting prices for the 2019 Ram 2500 HD trucks.
2019 Ram Power Wagon
The new Power Wagon pricing starts at $52,900 (plus $1,695 destination charges).
2019 Ram 3500 HD
Here are the starting prices for the 2019 Ram 3500 HD trucks.
Here is a new 2019 Ram 3500 HD Tradesman dually truck with a High Output Cummins turbo-diesel engine and a 35,000 lbs trailer behind it that Ram setup at their first drive event.