TFLtruck’s “Not so Great Race” entails courage, skill, speed and luck. Two teams, two SUVs, two starting points and one goal – to arrive back at our studio in Boulder, Colorado first. This race took place over the same two (very) full days and forced the participants to work together to come out on top.
One team drive about 1,100 mile from Chicago to Boulder, and the other team drives about 1,100 miles from Los Angeles to Boulder.
- You cannot exceed the posted speed limit and you have to obey all traffic laws. This was being observed by the cameraman/producer that journeyed with each team.
- You cannot drive between 11pm and 7am – local time. Every minute you spend driving past 11pm will count against you the next day.
- You must complete each task assigned to you each day by the “Big Cheese.” You cannot continue until that task is sufficiently completed.
- You must leave swag in carefully thought out locations for our fans to find. Those places must be accessible and clues must be given as to where they are hidden.
- One mpg run must be recorded to be later compared.
- “Special” gifts must be procured for the opposite team. These gifts must be presented to the opposing team at the final conclusion of the race.
TFLtruck’s Not so Great Race Teams:
2019 Chevy Suburban RST
Team 1 – the Windy Dogs (aka. Wieners) Kent (Mr. Truck) and Mike (Mr. Personality) arrived on Monday morning, October 1st in Chicago, Illinois and picked up their 2019 Chevy Suburban RST. This is a unique vehicle as it packs GM’s beefy 6.2-liter V8 and a 10-speed automatic transmission.
They had two days to drive from the center of Chicago to our studio over 1,000 miles to the west.
2018 Ford Expedition FX4
Team 2 – Team Surf & Turf. Andre (El Scorcho) and Nathan (El Guapo) arrived on Monday morning in Los Angeles and proceeded to their starting point, Malibu, California. They took delivery of a 2018 Ford Expedition FX4. This is a unique SUV with a powerful, twin-turbocharged V6 and off-road upgrades.
They had two days to drive from the beaches of Malibu to our studio over 1,000 miles to the east.
In this video, you will see the beginning of the Not so Great Race. Buckle up!