Please consider registering

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Added a new 2017 Nissan Armada/Patrol to the stable.
RSS
Fleetguy
187 Posts
(Offline)
November 2, 2016 - 6:31 pm

2017-Armada-and-Land-Cruiser-pic.jpeg

I am starting an new owner review thread here of my experience with my new 2017 Nissan Armada. All new for 2017 the Armada which is now based on Nissan's Global Patrol/Qx80 full size body on frame SUV platform.

Mine is a SL trim level, that is one down from the Platinum trim level, it's optioned with Tech pkg, sunroof, and floor mats.  

I only have about 1000 miles on it so far.

I test drove 3 different 2017 Armada's and bought the 3rd one. I just could not get over how comfortable the seats are in this thing.

I have so far taken it on 3 road trips, the longest was about 5 hours round trip. This is the most comfortable long range road trip machine I have in the stable. The seat comfort and general quality all at a great price point, were all stand out features and benefits that I found when shopping for a new SUV. This 2017 Armada has yet to disappoint. Great power coming from the 5.6L V8 and 7 speed auto, it is super comfortable, handling is very decent for this class of SUV. I am really impressed.

The only minor gripe at all is the Nav screen in surround view camera mode, lacks a little to be desired in the resolution department. Other then that I am very pleased so far.

I have not had much of chance to get many pic's of it. This pic below is a dealer pic.

The 1st pic up above was the only shot I had so far in my phone, taken in my garage the night I brought it home.

2017-Armada-pic-1.jpeg

2017-Armada-Pic-2.jpeg

Fleetguy
187 Posts
(Offline)
November 29, 2016 - 10:16 pm

I thought I would give a 1500 mile update on my new Armada. 

Spent about 15 hours in it over the past week traveling all over 3 states during the thanksgiving holiday. 

I am loving the comfort and luxury of this truck. Best seats I have found in any truck in the past 10 years.

I can drive this thing for hours on end with minimal fatigue. Fuel milage is proving better then any full size SUV I have owned. Most all my past SuVs typically all came in around 15mpg in mixed driving. So far this Armada has been consistent at getting around 17mpg, best tank so far was 18.8mpg worst was 17.2mpg. 

Power from the direct injected 5.6 v8 has been very impressive, this big girl can flat out move. 

Throttle response is excellent, brakes are excellent, 7spd trans seems to shift very smooth and tuned spot on for the engine's torque curve. 

The only things I am not over the top pleased with, are the NAV screen has good resolution quality up until the camera are activated on the screen and the resolution drops to a poor quality picture.

The other thing I am still not crazy about, is the rear hatch isn't offered with split hatch opening like my Land cruiser. I love the tailgate on my cruiser. The bad thing about all the SUVs that have a large single hatch door like this Armada has, Is that you stuff tends to roll out on the ground whenever you trigger the power hatch to open, especially a problem if parked on an incline, like many people who have sloped driveways at their homes. 

Overall I am seeing nothing to cause any buyers remorse, so far very pleased with my new 17 Armada. 

Alan
78 Posts
(Offline)
November 30, 2016 - 5:13 am

Looks nice.  Thanks for the information.  

2011 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab     -Alan

Fleetguy
187 Posts
(Offline)
November 30, 2016 - 8:48 pm

Thanks.

I shot some new pictures the other day. Finally shot some outside in the sunlight.

These are taken right after I upgraded the tires to a little better quality tire then what came on it.

I traded out the Bridgestone HT Dueler's for some Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenza Plus tires. The Alenza is a much higher rated tire by comparison, also much better tire by the spec's as well. Only cost about $350 to trade them out.   

IMG_3843.JPGIMG_3844.JPGIMG_3848.JPG

Attachments
Forum Timezone: America/Denver
All RSS Show Stats

Administrators:
Andre Smirnov
Brian Waring
Derek Mau
John Inama
Nathan Adlen
Roman Mica

Top Posters: